Lavender-Mint Butter Cookies
Matilda here - Dad and I baked some of these cookies over the weekend. I thought you might enjoy the recipe. (THEY WERE GOOD!!!!!)
Lavender - Mint Butter Cookies:
This is lavender-mint flavored buttery dough with a lemon zest taste that can be made into round shapes using a biscuit cutter, or various shapes using cookie cutters very refreshing.
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh lavender flowers (could use culinary lavender)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves ( could also use a few drops of mint extract)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, white sugar and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the lavender, mint and lemon zest. Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; mix into the batter until well blended.
- Using two sheets of wax paper, roll the dough into two logs, refrigerate, and then simply slice 1/4" thick rounds to put onto the cookie sheet. You can also divide the dough into two balls, wrap in plastic wrap and flatten to about 1inch thick. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Cookie stamps will work well on these too. Place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, just until cookies begin to brown at the edges. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 30 minutes
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.